Since “best” is the theme for NaBloPoMo this month, I thought I’d list some of my favorite things from Supernatural‘s first season.
- Best episode. I always thought it was a tie between “Faith” and “Something Wicked.” But over the years, I’ve found myself rewatching “Something Wicked” more often. Interestingly, it’s also the first Supernatural episode I ever saw.
- Best song. “Can’t Find My Way Home” by Blind Faith/Steve Winwood from “Route 666.” I won 2 tickets to a Steve Winwood concert once. But the song would still have won had I not been, like, the 6th caller. 😉
- Best scene. The diner scene in “Hell House.” Dean is tormenting a pissy Sam with the Laughing Fisherman. Only it turns Sam has the last laugh. Hee!
- Best guest star. I’m going with Bobby Singer. I’m one of the few people who recognized his awesomeness before season 2.
- Best girl of the week. Layla from “Faith.” I was rooting for the “good girl” and the “bad boy.” But they just sat on the bed.
- Best monster of the week. The daeva(s) from “Shadow.” In a season of creepies, the ones you couldn’t see were the scariest.
- Jensen Ackles’ Emmy reel. “Dead in the Water.” It confirmed what I discovered in “Something Wicked”—this pretty boy is a damn good actor.
- Jared Padalecki’s Emmy reel. “Asylum.” Our first look at “bad Sam” and his psyche.
And in honor of my awards, here are a few shiny little squares (aka icons or user picks at LiveJournal) commemorating some of my picks.
So, what were your favorite moments from season 1?