Arrow and Supernatural returned with less of a bang than The Flash. But then, you’d be hard pressed to do as well as “Out of Time.” I have nothing other than a few random-ish thoughts about both. How ’bout you? Anything more cohesive?
Arrow: The Offer (316)
Also known as “The One with All the Daddy Issues”
- It didn’t take Oliver long to decide whether or not to accept Ra’s al Ghul’s offer. I’m surprised it was resolved in one episode.
- Or was it?
- For someone hell bent on The Truth last season, Thea sure is spouting forth the lies. Then again, character consistency has never been this show’s strong suit.
- Loved the Oliver/Felicity exchange and googly eyes. But hey, Felicity, it was you who put the kibosh on the relationship, not Oliver. At least the last time. (Remember? When he returned from the dead.)
- Next week: a wedding! And Deadshot.
And the poll! (Forgive me. I majored in speech science, so any excuse to use the phonetic alphabet is taken. Plus, I love the character map.)
Supernatural: The Things They Carried (215)
- Meh. I did wonder how long it would be before someone complained about the opening’s gruesome death being female. Answer? About 18 minutes.
- No more Cole, please. He’s not that interesting. He’s kind of the poor mans Jeremy Renner.
- And pretty, pretty please: No. More. Worms!
- Jared’s hair distracted me. I kept wanting to play with it. How about a man-bun, Jared? Attractive, not distracting.