or “The Episode that Made Me Cry. A Lot.”
In an episode where Stephen Amell didn’t get to wear his green leather pants, everyone told Oliver Queen how much they loved him. It almost made up for the lack of Stephen Amell in green leather pants. Watching Oliver control Ray’s movements just didn’t have the same impact.
1. I miss…
- cooperative Captain Lance. I’m beginning to think his obsession with Oliver Queen as the Arrow might be his downfall by the end of this season. Then Lt. Frank Pike showed up and dang near confirmed it.
- Oliver and Felicity. Perhaps it was the double-dose of Felicity and Ray this week (having finally seen The Flash in its entirety), but the lack of the old Oliver/Felicity spark is becoming painful.
- At least they threw us a couple of fine bones* this week, but that’s matter for a different topic.
2. Ray blabbers
- Just the day before, on The Flash, Caitlin Snow observed Felicity and Ray, noting, “God, there’s two of them.”
- Then, on Arrow, Oliver tells Felicity, “There’s a decent chance you and Palmer are related.”
3. Who says Stephen Amell is wooden?
I wish I knew how to take screen caps. Oliver’s reactions to Ray are priceless. When Ray mentioned he was a minister at Diggle and Lyla’s wedding, Oliver’s face said “Of course you are!” without uttering a sound. When Ray boasts about beating his bank manager friend at squash every Tuesday, Oliver rolls his eyes. Ha! Again.
4. Felicity Smoak for the win!
*And gives hope to the myriad of Oliver/Felicity fans, when she tells Oliver…
- “I know who you are. Whether in a suit or under a hood, you’re the man that I…”
- … Oliver looks so hopeful!…
- … Then she makes it platonic.
- “Sometimes you’re so focused on people you love, you forget to see that there are people who love you.”
- Ray droops.
- I almost felt sorry for Ray. But then I didn’t.
5. Who gets the Lazarus Pit treatment?
- Roy, after being shivved in Iron Heights? Nope, it’s a fake out. But Roy does leave town. Is Colton Haynes leaving the show?
- The Arrow-lair fern? Way to go, Starling City Police Department. In your haste to find incriminating evidence, you destroy an innocent, fern. Nope, the fern won’t be taking a trip to Nanda Parbat.
- Thea Queen? Yep. Sliced through by Ra’s al Ghul, just like her brother. And just like Oliver’s death, I didn’t see that coming.
Is it next Wednesday yet?