The hacking of my website has given me renewed interest in (almost) all things web. Including posting more regularly. So, I thought now would be a good time to talk about some of the (other than Supernatural) scifi shows I’ve been watching.
- Stargate: Universe—I’ve never watched any of the other SG shows, except for an occasional SG-1 episode, so I don’t really have anything to compare it to. It’s one of those shows I watch on the DVR, so I can fast-forward through the stuff I don’t like, like the “3 stooges” (I didn’t think up this term, but it’s so appropriate!) who are currently lost from Destiny because they didn’t stay in one place. What I do like is the juxtaposition of the military vs. the civilian scientists. I’ll get into my thoughts on that in a later post.
- Merlin—I’ve always been a fan of the Arthurian legend, so I’m glad I found this show. I don’t know why I never found it on NBC. And I’m ok with the changes in the mythology. After all, we already know the outcome of the legend, so something new and original is always welcome.
- FlashForward—yep, I’m still watching it, but only via DVR. I do think it’s gotten better since its hiatus, and last week’s episode with Janis’s back-story was great. I don’t think I hit the fast-forward button at all. (I knew Janis had to be a double-agent! ) But I still think it might be uneven. I say this from a cursory look at this week’s episode. It doesn’t look as compelling to me. But I could be wrong.
- V—another series that warrants viewing by DVR only, although I do think it, too, is getting better. I’m particularly enjoying all the double & triple lying going on, particularly with Lisa, whom I never thought I’d like. I missed the introduction of Hobbs, again failing to realize the show had come back from hiatus. So he’s still an enigma. But my favorite character is Joshua. He really needs to be made a regular. Perhaps he can replace Chad the reporter. (Don’t like him, don’t trust him.)
- Legend of the Seeker—I’ve already written about my mild enthusiasm for it this year. And I got a comment that said my love life must suck because I criticized the show. Hee! I deleted the comment rather than post it because it violated not one, but two of my comment policies. It was a personal attack (which actually made me laugh rather than bothered) and used “u” instead of “you.” I still have access to it in my trash. Perhaps I’ll pull it out one of these days to use as an example.
- Warehouse 13—ok, it hasn’t started its second season yet, but I’ll be there when it does!
- True Blood—the jury’s still out on whether I’ll watch the 2nd season or not. I want to support Raelle Tucker, but I’m just not that into the series.
So, what shows are you watching? Caprica? Something else I’ve missed? I’d love to know.